Packaging Committee Meeting Summary (2010-02-03)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Feb 6 13:25:19 UTC 2010

Le Sam 6 février 2010 00:14, Kevin Kofler a écrit :

> By the way, the whole concept of this kind of macros has been frowned upon
> and FESCo already recommended that the MinGW packagers simply paste their
> debuginfo logic directly into the specfiles instead of using this kind of
> macros. I guess the same recommendation can be given to the font packagers.

Kevin,

I'm sorry but you are full of crap here (kindest statement I could make). If
you don't want to understand the problem space don't pontificate about it.

Look out in cvs the state our font packages were before and the state they are
now before stating it's ok to make it harder for human beings because they owe
us perfectness. Using macros is the single change that made is possible for
Fedora to scale out without sacrificing quality (the srpm summary buglet is
nothing compared to the mistakes people were doing before)

--
Nicolas Mailhot