ABRT unusable again

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 6 19:18:36 UTC 2010

Am Samstag, den 06.02.2010, 19:27 +0100 schrieb drago01:

> Well reports should go to the maintainer first, he should forward it
> to upstream as needed.

I disagree. Basically there are two situations:
     1. The backtrace or the bug report is incomplete. In 95% of these
        cases submitters don't bother to provide any more info and the
        bug gets closed INSUFFICIENT_DATA. This should not get filed
        upstream at all, nether in Fedora, not somewhere upstream.
     2. The backtrace is fine and self-explanatory for the developer. In
        this case it should go directly to upstream.

> What needs to be fixed here is bugzilla not ABRT, we need a "report
> upstream" button.

Ok, and where is the "submit downstream" button in upstream's bug
tracker? The Fedora maintainer still will have to forward replies,
questions, calls for testing etc. from upstream back to the user and
this is a lot of work.

Regards,
Christoph