simple build system for personal repos?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Feb 8 07:12:05 UTC 2010

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> You might want to look at smock, which is the tool (wrapper around
> 'mock') that we initially used to build the mingw tree.  One nice
> feature is that it sorts out dependencies and can build for multiple
> Fedora distros and architectures in one go.

But the way it "sorts out dependencies" is unlikely to work for anything
other than MinGW as it assumes that the package name which is BuildRequired
is the SRPM name, which is normally not true (as usually the BRed package is
the -devel subpackage, and sometimes even removing "-devel" is not enough to
give you the SRPM name).

        Kevin Kofler