ABRT unusable again

Jiri Moskovcak jmoskovc at redhat.com
Mon Feb 8 16:22:28 UTC 2010

On 02/08/2010 05:05 PM, Jerry James wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Jiri Moskovcak<jmoskovc at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> - it actually does work, but it's bug detection/analyse is too general for
>> some apps, this is something we know about and it's not in our powers to fix
>> (it's not even considered a bug). This is actually the reason why is ABRT
>> extendible by plugins and every devel who maintains some bigger app can
>> write it's own abrt plugin to make the reports to suit his needs. If devel
>> doesn't want to get ABRT reports at all, he can always send me an email and
>> it can be added to ABRT blacklist.
>
> Where can information about the plugin API be found?  The abrt-plugins
> man page has very little information.  It basically just says to read
> PLUGINS-HOWTO "in the documentation directory".  Which documentation
> directory is that?  I don't see such a file in any of the abrt-*
> packages.  (I expected to find it in abrt-devel,

Yes, it should be in devel package, will fix this.

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/abrt.git?p=abrt.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/PLUGINS-HOWTO;hb=HEAD

 > BTW.  That package
> contains only 2 symlinks.  Where are the header files?  Are they not
> needed by plugin authors?)

Good point, so far nobody wrote a plugin outside of abrt git, so the
devel package wasn't actually never used :-/ I will add the required .h
files into the package and it will be fixed in 1.0.7. Until it's fixed
in rpm, you can download and hack the code using our git from here:

https://fedorahosted.org/abrt/wiki/AbrtInstallation

Jirka