simple build system for personal repos?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Feb 8 22:27:57 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson wrote:
> Well, yes, of course. Also, our non-existent system would have free
> ponies for everyone.

The OBS source code has been released under a Free Software license, so in
principle we should be able to just set it up. Of course, in practice we'd
have to come up with the infrastructure and deal with the inevitable
question of how to prevent packagers from starting to offer MP3 plugins and
similar stuff in their personal repos due to either negligence (failure to
audit the source code) or ignorance (unawareness of the policies). (I think
this is the main reason why the KoPeR proposal went nowhere.)

        Kevin Kofler