Fedora Release Engineering meeting summary for 2010-02-08

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 01:22:05 UTC 2010

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-02-08/fedora-releng.2010-02-08-22.16.html

Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-02-08/fedora-releng.2010-02-08-22.16.txt

Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-02-08/fedora-releng.2010-02-08-22.16.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* roll call  (Oxf13, 22:16:30)
  * poelcat notting dgilmore and Oxf13 are present  (Oxf13, 22:19:08)

* old business (SOPs)  (Oxf13, 22:19:42)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_package_signing
    (poelcat, 22:20:46)
  * LINK:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Engineering_Release_Tickets
    starting to look good!  (poelcat, 22:21:08)
  * we'll likely need a ticket for or an SOP for turning on the pending
    release nightly compose  (Oxf13, 22:23:11)
  * Target for this week is #9, Turn on Bodhi to process updates to
    branched tree  (Oxf13, 22:23:35)
  * this week's target will need input from lmacken  (Oxf13, 22:27:28)

* old business (/mnt/koji storage)  (Oxf13, 22:28:20)
  * still waiting on RH IS to install the storage for us  (Oxf13,
    22:29:54)

* dist-git update  (Oxf13, 22:35:01)
  * Completed build, scratch-build, and chain-build targets in fedpkg
    this last week  (Oxf13, 22:35:22)
  * Going to switch gears again and work on getting koji.stg modified so
    that it can handle building from dist-git style scm URLs  (Oxf13,
    22:36:30)
  * ACTION: Oxf13 to work with dgilmore to get a fedora-packager update
    done to include fedpkg  (Oxf13, 22:36:57)

* No Frozen Rawhide  (Oxf13, 22:39:07)
  * testing went well here, multiple composes did not have significant
    impact on compose time  (Oxf13, 22:39:39)
  * Announcement posted to devel-announce today  (Oxf13, 22:40:33)
  * ACTION: Oxf13 to update
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_Frozen_Rawhide_Implementation
    (Oxf13, 22:41:23)
  * We need to make it clear that buildroot overrides will be needed for
    F13 content once branched  (Oxf13, 22:41:50)
  * There will likely be more threads regarding some final details of
    NFR  (Oxf13, 22:44:17)

* Meeting Time  (Oxf13, 22:45:39)
  * We've had our meetings at 1800 UTC for quite a while now, however
    there is a local event that is also during that time that I'd like
    to start participating in  (Oxf13, 22:46:29)
  * ACTION: dgilmore to drive a whenisgood run for Fedora Release
    Engineering Meetings time  (Oxf13, 22:47:57)

* Open Floor  (Oxf13, 22:48:15)
  * ACTION: Oxf13 to update fedora-release with the
    fedora-release-rawhide subpackage  (Oxf13, 22:50:58)

Meeting ended at 22:59:48 UTC.

Action Items

--
Jesse Keating