Purging the F13 orphans

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 9 15:47:35 UTC 2010

Till Maas wrote:
> Unluckily this information is not really available in the PackageDB, but
> who was this maintainer? According to the RPM changelog[0], the last
> non-rebuild change is from Rex Dieter and the package is only orphaned
> for devel and F12, but not for F11, where Aurelien Bompard is the
> maintainer. And he also owns some other packages.

I just checked the archives of the list: Aurélien Bompard orphaned several
packages including showimg on August 21, 2009. So he's not AWOL, he just
orphaned everything he doesn't use anymore and didn't check whether some of
them would better be retired altogether, which is understandable.

        Kevin Kofler