ABRT unusable again

Jiri Moskovcak jmoskovc at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 09:58:03 UTC 2010

On 02/10/2010 10:42 AM, Till Maas wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:23:48AM +0100, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
>
>> I think I did catch it (if ABRT was running), but ordinary users can't
>> see other user's crashes (the command from this bz has to be run under
>> root) unless root doesn't change this behaviour in abrt's config file.
>
> What do I have to change? The manpage (man abrt.conf) or default config
> (/etc/abrt/abrt.conf) does not give me a hint. Btw. can you maybe use

You need to add this to the respective analyzer's configs:

InformAllUsers = yes

CCpp.conf - C/C++ xrashes analyzer
Python.conf - python analyzer
Kerneloops.conf - kerneloops (already has this enabled)

But this applies only to new crashes, the old ones will still be
invisible for ordinary users.
Working on updating the man-pages and wiki right now.

> PolicyKit to determine whether abrt-gui and the crashed program are
> run by the same person in case both happens via the local console?

Yes, we're changing the behavior right now.