ABRT unusable again

Denys Vlasenko dvlasenk at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 14:48:14 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 10:53 +0000, Leigh Scott wrote:
> IMO ABRT isn't that useful as a lot of the reports don't include steps
> to reproduce (I just close the bugs after a month if they don't respond
> to the "needinfo" request).

You can do it even sooner. If backtrace is unusable and there is no
description whatsoever, then *this* user is not likely to bother
to do anything to help you.

> I believe ABRT shouldn't file a bug report unless it is filled in
> properly.

Sadly, this is impossible to achieve. Sure, we can

if (description == "") yell("Fill the description dammit!");

but then user might well enter description consisting of
"I dont care" (or worse).

--
vda