Minutes/summary for 2010-02-09 FESCo meeting

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:50:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> ===================================
> #fedora-meeting: FESCO (2010-02-09)
> ===================================
>
> Meeting started by nirik at 20:02:07 UTC. The full logs are available at
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-02-09/fesco.2010-02-09-20.02.log.html
>
> Meeting summary
> ---------------
> * init process  (nirik, 20:02:07)
>
> * #314 Wordpress bundles libraries  (nirik, 20:04:12)
>  * AGREED: will defer this topic until after FPC has discussed the rest
>    of the issues.  (nirik, 20:06:01)
>
> * #336 Fedora Packaging Committee items for ratification (2009-02-03)
>  (nirik, 20:06:12)
>
> * Packaging: SRPM Buildtime macros -
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SRPM_Buildtime_macros  (nirik,
>  20:06:40)
>  * AGREED: Packaging change is approved.  (nirik, 20:08:34)
>
> * Packaging: Emphasize correct SF.net SourceURL:
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SourceURL_sourceforge_downloads_admonition
>  (nirik, 20:08:41)
>  * AGREED: Packaging change is approved.  (nirik, 20:10:39)
>
> * Packaging: Updated Python Guidelines
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Python3  (nirik,
>  20:11:58)
>  * AGREED: Packaging change is approved.  (nirik, 20:19:57)
>
> * #297 Please consider the idea of a security (privilege escalation)
>  policy  (nirik, 20:20:45)
>  * LINK:
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_Fedora_privilege_escalation_policy
>    (adamw, 20:21:46)
>  * AGREED: adamw will add revisions and post to devel list. Will
>    revisit next week  (nirik, 20:38:53)
>
> * #337 Zarafa - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Zarafa  (nirik,
>  20:39:20)
>  * AGREED: Feature is approved.  (nirik, 20:51:07)
>
> * #275 Propose a soft-path via co-maintainer status to becoming
>  sponsored  (nirik, 20:51:27)
>  * AGREED: abadger1999 will draft a new policy for consideration next
>    week  (nirik, 21:35:51)
>
> * #338: Proposal: postpone ChangeInImplicitDSOLinking feature to F14 and
>  revert its implementation from pre-branch Rawhide  (nirik, 21:35:59)
>  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DSOLinkBugs is the list
>    (nirik, 21:38:04)
>  * AGREED: This proposal is rejected. The feature will stay in place.
>    (nirik, 21:52:36)
>  * Please announce feature changes that impact other packages on
>    fedora-devel-announce to reach the most maintainers  (nirik,
>    21:54:15)
>  * devel-announce at lists.fedoraproject.org  (notting, 21:55:26)
>
> * Helpers pool  (nirik, 21:58:55)
>
> * Open Floor  (nirik, 22:04:00)

Kevin_Kofler thanks for raising the issue to revert
ChangeInImplicitDSOLinking feature. But, its unfortunate to see FESCo
continue it approved. Anyway please someone take care my fontmatrix
package. I will still say
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange contains
insufficient information. Don't ask what to add as I see in my iok
package case I was suggested to change configure.in which was not
mentioned there.
In the example on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange,  its
written that "To fix, add -lrpmio to the gcc command for any binaries
that use librpmio." So What's wrong if I modify CFLAGS in iok.spec and
build log can show its added to gcc command and build got successful?

Regards,
Parag.