Fedora 12 re-spins Released

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Feb 11 00:49:04 UTC 2010

Mat Booth wrote:
> To be fair, it seems like you are updating KDE constantly. If the spin
> contains the packages available at the time it was spun, I'm not sure
> what more you can ask for.

The packages available at the time it was released. ;-) I.e. not preparing
the spin 3 days before a KDE update goes out, considering that testing the
spin apparently takes 9 days. But nobody at Fedora Unity ever talks to us
about KDE update schedules. Having to download another 100 MB worth of
updates even when installing the day of the respin's release kinda defeats
the point of the respin. Yet this is happening at every single respin, they
somehow always magically manage to hit the window where a KDE update will go
out during their testing week.

(My recommendation: just install from the F12 GA KDE Live CD and get the
updates, you'll have to update all of KDE anyway, even if you use those
installer-DVD-only respins, and installing from the KDE Live CD is
recommended.)

        Kevin Kofler