Fedora 12 re-spins Released

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 08:34:36 UTC 2010

On Thursday 11 February 2010 04:21:10 Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 03:15:56AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >Mat Booth wrote:
> >> If you insist on putting out major updates for released Fedoras it
> >> will never a good time to do a re-spin. Oh well.
> >
> >The updates being pushed so far are bugfix releases (4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5).
> >We're preparing 4.4.0 now, but as this isn't even in testing at the
> > moment, I'm not complaining that they aren't shipping 4.4.0. I'm
> > complaining that they're shipping 4.3.4 when 4.3.5 is current in the
> > stable updates.
>
> Maybe you should stop complaining.  You have nothing vested in the Unity
> respins, it negatively impacts you in no way, and as Mat just said
> you're going to just ship another 100MB worth of updates soon anyway.
>
> If you're very concerned about the Unity respins and KDE schedules, you
> could talk to the Unity team too.  If you're not really concerned about
> them, then why the hell are you complaining?

The problem that Kevin is pointing out is - we can't watch every other Fedora
projects, schedules etc. so closely - it's not just possible as it's big
project and lot of people. It wouldn't hurt anybody to send quick note to
kde at lists.fedoraproject.org - "we are preparing re-spin, do you want something
specific to be included?". That's all.

This is major problem in Fedora these days - bad communication and it's sad
for open source project :( And one stupid "heads up" mail could solve it in
90% of cases!

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>