Fedora 12 re-spins Released

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Thu Feb 11 09:55:08 UTC 2010

----- "Dan Williams" <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:

> Oh seriously, a little communication between the Unity team and the
> KDE
> team wouldn't hurt here.  If the Unity team said "hey, we're going to
> do
> a spin on March 6th" but the KDE team wanted to slip that a few days
> get some new packages in, that wouldn't end the world.
>
> Obviously if the KDE team's testing runs too late, you can just ship
> what's already in the repos because they didn't hit the agreed-upon
> target.
>
> But it would be curteous to at least make an effort to line up
> schedules.

There is no way we can make everyone happy. People have been checking, asking and sometimes begging since before F11 came out for a Re-Spin. Sadly we could not get a spin that we were willing to release because of bugs that needed to be tracked down and fixed. We finally got a spin that could pass our testing, for the most part, so it was shipped with the note about what we did find. Once we are able to produce spins on a regular basis again we will communicate with the KDE guys as we have in the past. I have talked to Rex may times before we were ready to release to make sure we were not sending out a Re-Spin days before an update from them. Now if we could get the OO.o people, the Kernel guys, mozilla/firefox/thunderbird packagers, the * Team and everyone else to check in with us to let us know about a pending update we would be perfect.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |