Fedora 12 re-spins Released

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Thu Feb 11 10:03:52 UTC 2010

----- "Kevin Kofler" <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Sadly, this means this respin includes KDE 4.3.4 when 4.3.5 got pushed
> stable on February 5 (in fact I queued it for stable on February 2,
> but it
> just missed a push and the next one was only on February 5) and 4.4.0
> is in
> the works.
>
> Somehow it is getting routine for the Fedora Unity respins to include
> an
> obsolete KDE. :-(

Sorry you feel this way Kevin, it hurts me a bit for you to say it is "routine" for this to happen, we never did get a F11 Re-Spin that was worth releasing, so that makes it at least 8months that the routine was broken. This Re-Spin passing our testing to the point that we were willing to release kind of caught us by surprise and other groups were not what we were concerned with at all. We have communicated with Rex in the past and I assume we will continue to do so in the future to try and prevent this when we can.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |