Fedora 12 re-spins Released

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Thu Feb 11 10:19:19 UTC 2010

----- "Jaroslav Reznik" <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:

> The problem that Kevin is pointing out is - we can't watch every other
> Fedora
> projects, schedules etc. so closely - it's not just possible as it's
> big
> project and lot of people. It wouldn't hurt anybody to send quick note
> kde at lists.fedoraproject.org - "we are preparing re-spin, do you want
> something
> specific to be included?". That's all.
>
> This is major problem in Fedora these days - bad communication and
> it's sad
> for open source project :( And one stupid "heads up" mail could solve
> it in
> 90% of cases!

How many projects and which ones do you suggest we get permission from before we do what we do? Why shouldn't the KDE team wait 3 weeks now so that their update gets released about the time of our next Re-Spin? Kevin this is your warning we are going to try again in a month. Why should it be our responsibility to contact anyone? Is it our task because it has been so damn long since we released a Re-Spin it caught everyone off guard even us? I just don't understand the "poor me" attitude. Trust me when I say it was NOT intentional for this specific release or any other we have made to miss out on KDE or anyone else's updates.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |