Name that Tree!

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Feb 13 08:22:15 UTC 2010

On 13.02.2010 06:18, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 16:45 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> As part of no frozen rawhide, we'll have a new tree on the mirrors,
>> pub/fedora/linux/development/13  That's where we'll be putting things
>> that are tagged for the release after they get through testing.  We
>> don't yet have a clever name for this concept yet, and we've just been
>> calling it "Pending".
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan#Tree.2FRepo_Overview
>>
>> Want to help us come up with a term we could use to reference this tree?
>> Email away!
>
> Why not just call it 13 now, and 14 next time, and so on? It doesn't
> really need to have its own name that's always the same...

In fact I was just about to write something similar, so +1

To bring Ubuntu as an example: They afaik don't have a name for their
next release that is in development currently apart from the codename
and the version number (or if they have one it's not used much afaics),
and it seems to work quite well for them.

Cu
knurd