Name that Tree!

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Sat Feb 13 15:52:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 07:48:07AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:

>> Why not just call it 13 now, and 14 next time, and so on? It doesn't
>> really need to have its own name that's always the same...

> Mostly because it becomes awkward to talk about things in "13" before 13
> is released,

In my world it's the other way around - it's awkward to not talk about
the current rawhide as F13.

Naming it 13 would make the version flow much cleaner - I could decide
at one point before the relase to now jump on the 'nextrelease'
bandwagon and stay on it until I decide to do the same thing for the
next release.

Works fine for debianish Distros.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net