Not prepared for 4096 byte sector hard drives?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 14 20:10:35 UTC 2010

On 2010/02/14 20:58 (GMT+0100) nodata composed:

> On 14/02/10 17:59, Neal Becker wrote:

>> Any truth here?

>> http://www.osnews.com/story/22872/Linux_Not_Fully_Prepared_for_4096-Byte_Sector_Hard_Drives

> Yep. But you can align the partition tables to get better results, i.e.
> don't except the default start value that fdisk gives you.

Don't accept the default value either, or use a smarter partitioner than
fdisk. :-)
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/