Fedora rawhide FTBFS status 2010-02-10 x86_64

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Feb 15 07:55:03 UTC 2010

On 02/13/2010 04:50 PM, Matt Domsch wrote:
> Fedora Fails To Build From Source Results for x86_64
> using rawhide from 2010-02-10
>
> This run includes the new default linker feature --no-add-needed.
> This is responsible for 446 failures noted below.  See
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ChangeInImplicitDSOLinking for
> further details.
>

> Full logs at http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/

> SoQt-1.4.1-14.fc13 (build/make) corsepiu

I can't reproduce this issue in a local mock[1] using "released
rawhide". Scratch-building using Fedora's infrastructure, however
exposes this issue.

This renders investigating this issue quite difficult and imposes
problems in fixing it[2]

What is required to be able to locally reproduce Matt's results?
- Is "released rawhide" different from what Matt rsp. "Fedora" is using?
- Is "released rawhide" outdated/Do I happen to be using outdated
rawhide mirrors?
- Are there some special settings required to trigger these DSO issues?

Ralf

[1] Standard "fedora-rawhide-*" mock setup on FC12 without any modification.

[2] I meanwhile have a "hack" which lets this package build again, but
without being able to reproduce the issues in a local mock, I hardly can
verify my "hack"'s correctness (This breakdown could easily be a
side-effect of other bugs).