Fedora rawhide FTBFS status 2010-02-10 x86_64

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Feb 15 15:26:25 UTC 2010

On 02/15/2010 02:28 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 02/15/2010 01:48 PM, Matt Domsch wrote:
>>
>> This would have been necessary before the Feb 9, which is when the new
>> linker made it into rawhide.  I specifically started my run on Feb 10
>> after ensuring that the new linker was in rawhide, and that my copy of
>> the tree was up-to-date, including that linker.
> Which version of binutils exactly have you been using?
>

> I noticed my rawhide mock caches contain
> binutils-2.20.51.0.2-13.fc13.x86_64
>
> while download.fedora.redhat.com carries
> binutils-2.20.51.0.2-15.fc13.x86_64
>

> For reasons I don't yet now, mock doesn't install this (latest) version,
> so I am ending up with the *13.binutils (likely a version predating the
> chains)
>
> =>  I am inclined to think something is broken with the repos, their
> mirrors or with mock.
Update:

Meanwhile I rebuilt my rawhide-mock from scatch (rm -rf /var/cache/mock)
and observed this:

- mock traversed 45 rawhide mirrors it considered to be broken before
finding one it considered "current".

- now my mock picked up binutils*-15.fc13

- I still can't locally reproduce the FTBS breakdown.

Ralf