Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:04:13 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, den 16.02.2010, 20:31 -0800 schrieb Jesse Keating:

> static-repos will act as it normally does for a released Fedora.  The
> repo seen is what is in the buildroot, which is what is tagged for
> release, and anything we've tagged "override" to make it available in
> the buildroot for further builds.

This means that chainbuilds are no longer possible and this slows
development down dramatically. Think of a feature like Xfce 4.8 with
it's tight schedule [1]. E.g. we only have 8 days to build one of the
pre-releases.

When I made the Xfce 4.4.3 update for F-9, it took 7 days to build
everything due to the long dependency chain that required a lot of
overrides from rel-eng [2].

This means that large updates like Gnome, KDE or Xfce will get massively
delayed after alpha. They might not make it into one of the prereleases,
which means they get less testing. A lot of features will no longer be
possible in their current state.

How do we address this issue?

Regards,
Christoph