Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 17 15:36:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 16:33 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> Is the branch freeze a week late or is it now the same as the alpha
> freeze? In the "Important Release Milestones" wiki page[0], the branch
> was scheduled for 2010-02-09, but on the F13 Schedule[1], the "Alpha
> Freeze" links to the "Alpha Freeze Policy", which redirects to the
> "Alpha Milestone", that then says the "Branch Freeze Policy" has to be
> followed. The schedule itself does not say anything about branching.
> It would help a lot to avoid duplicating content in the wiki, because it
> only leads to out-of-sync contents and makes it harder to update it.

We are trying to track down the duplication and make canonical linkings.

The branch freeze happens at the branch event, which is a week after
Feature freeze.  It's no longer an "Alpha Freeze" per se, because the
tree remains "frozen" even after alpha.

Originally we thought we'd branch at feature freeze, but then that would
mean we froze at feature freeze which was counter productive to moving
feature freeze a week earlier to allow last minute integration work to
happen unhindered.

Unfortunately we're going to have some rough times with documentation as
most of the documentation in the wiki isn't updated for how things work
with no frozen rawhide, but we're working on it.  If you find more
places that need updating, please add them to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan  thanks!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!