Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Feb 17 16:57:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 07:36:00AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 16:33 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> > Is the branch freeze a week late or is it now the same as the alpha
> > freeze? In the "Important Release Milestones" wiki page[0], the branch
> > was scheduled for 2010-02-09, but on the F13 Schedule[1], the "Alpha
> > Freeze" links to the "Alpha Freeze Policy", which redirects to the
> > "Alpha Milestone", that then says the "Branch Freeze Policy" has to be
> > followed. The schedule itself does not say anything about branching.
> > It would help a lot to avoid duplicating content in the wiki, because it
> > only leads to out-of-sync contents and makes it harder to update it.
>
> We are trying to track down the duplication and make canonical linkings.
>
> The branch freeze happens at the branch event, which is a week after
> Feature freeze.  It's no longer an "Alpha Freeze" per se, because the
> tree remains "frozen" even after alpha.

So how is the package set determined that builds the Alpha release? Is
it everything which is pushed to F13 in Bodhi for 2010-02-24 at 20:00
UTC, which is the time of the GO/NOGO meeting? Or is the Alpha release
first composed and then it is decided, whether it will be synced to the
mirrors?

> Unfortunately we're going to have some rough times with documentation as
> most of the documentation in the wiki isn't updated for how things work
> with no frozen rawhide, but we're working on it.  If you find more
> places that need updating, please add them to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan  thanks!

I added the differences between the F13 Schedule and the key milestones
there.

Regards
Till