intent to orphan: oprofileui

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Feb 17 17:34:27 UTC 2010

I'm going to recommend dropping this package from Fedora entirely.
- Upstream seems to have stopped development on it since intel acquired
  its developers (opened-hand)
- The new profiling tools (perf) are in many cases easier to use than
  oprofile
- oprofileui had a number of bugs that look like they'll not be fixed
  (profiling a 32bit target from a 64bit host it broken for eg)
- the package never really got much interest.
  (I never heard a single report of someone using it)

if someone wants to take it over from me, I won't stand in their way,
but I think it's better to just drop it.

	Dave