Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed Feb 17 17:52:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 04:40:33PM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 06:11:58AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> > The branched repo config is the fedora.repo file.  Mirrormanager will be
> > making sure that goes to the right place.  There is an updated
>
> Is this http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/ the url for
> mirrormanager? I have to ask, because it does not contain any hint, that
> it is. If it is, it seems not to know F13, because F13 is not on the
> list.

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/13/
shows 80 mirrors right now...

The F13 URL for use in yum is exactly the same as before, as long as
you have fedora-release-13 installed.

[fedora]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
metadata_expire=7d
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

e.g.:

https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-13&arch=x86_64

but whoops - MM had fedora-13 repos directing to rawhide.  I just
dropped that redirect, so after an hour or so it should direct to
development/13/ as expected.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO