Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 17 22:45:42 UTC 2010

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> I don't use chain builds when updating gnome, so it can be done.
> Please just complain for yourself...

The problem is that in KDE, the application modules from 4.x.n need to be
built against at least kdelibs 4.x.n, not 4.x.n-1 (and likewise for other
dependencies). (Often 4.x.n-1 works, but not always, and upstream doesn't
support it, so we always use matching releases. This requires buildroot
overrides in a non-self-populating buildroot.) This can be due to several
reasons: fixes in macros or inline functions, new APIs backported because
they were required to fix a bug, API change in something like kdebase-
workspace which doesn't have a guaranteed API/ABI (requiring e.g. kdeplasma-
addons to be built against the latest kdebase-workspace) etc.

XFCE may be similar.

        Kevin Kofler