Heads up: X server configuration changes

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Feb 17 22:59:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 05:42:59PM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 at 11:13pm, Kevin Kofler wrote
>
> > Rajeesh K Nambiar wrote:
> >> Any pointers on how to migrate the 'enable touchpad tap-to-click'
> >> feature from the existing .fdi file(s)?
> >
> > The best solution is to just set it up in your desktop. (For KDE, install
> > kcm_touchpad, it will be installed by default on the F13 KDE Live spin. For
> > GNOME, the touchpad UI has been installed by default for a while now.)
>
> That's not best if a) you want it enabled in g/kdm and/or b) you don't use
> KDE or GNOME.

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "tap-by-default"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        Option "TapButton1" "1"
EndSection

drop that into your xorg.conf(.d) and restart the server, that should do it.
Once you got it working to your liking, please do me a favour and add this
to the wiki page as an example configuration - I'm sure it'll help others
too.

Cheers,
  Peter