Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Feb 18 00:40:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 01:32 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> This only works for things developed in Fedora or for projects like
> Gnome, because we are closely following their schedule. Other projects
> have other schedules and we need to be flexible. I really like no frozen
> rawhide, but IMO we have lost some flexibility for the n+1 release.
> There is more flexibility for n+2 but I doubt that anybody will/can make
> use of it. We not even have a feature process for F14, so why would
> anyone start a feature now?

Because often the work of a feature needs more time than the short 3
months we've seen before between N release and N+1 feature freeze.  And
often times the features are done or near done by the time FESCo votes
on them, starting early is a good thing.

> > > I think we still need to be able to treat F-13 different than in the
> > > released branches, at least before beta freeze.
> >
> > The beta milestone is when we're supposed to have all the bugs fixed,
> > not when we stop throwing in development builds.
>
> Right, but upgrading from Xfce 4.8 pre1 to pre2 *is* bugfixing.

Yes, that may be true.  It is unfortunate that you'll now have to do a
buildroot override task, but that was a negative impact we were willing
to take.  As I said in other mails, if you're seeing a long lag in tag
requests, we can try to grow the list of folks with tag rights to cover
other time zones.  Use of koji wait-repo can help here, and nearly
replicate chain-build.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!