Heads up! Broken deps in Upgrade from 12 to 13

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 02:29:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 15:21 -0500, Braden McDaniel wrote:

> I can do this; but I don't understand why the existence of
> libopenvrml-devel and its "Obsoletes: openvrml-devel" aren't sufficient.

This isn't the reason, but as a general note, unversioned obsoletes are
almost always a bad idea, as they make it more painful to use the other
name in future (which you always think you'll never need to do, and then
it turns out...maybe you will). As a rule of thumb, always version your
obsoletes.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey