hdparm -B for netbooks

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Feb 25 07:19:22 UTC 2010

Matthew Garrett wrote on 24.02.2010 22:59:
> Further, it loses the settings over suspend/resume. Can we stop blaming
> this on distributions now?

Then why do a lot of drive load and unload frequently when running a
linux-distribution but do not when running the operating system the
Verndor pre-loaded? That's afaics what a lot of people seem to see. I
had such a laptop myself (in fact I still have it, but I replaced the
HDD with a SSD last fall) and had ten different models here in the lab
months (maybe more than a year) ago that showed such a behavior...

CU
knurd