debuginfo default install

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 25 17:41:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 10:53 -0500, Roland Grunberg wrote:
> >It seems most days now something breaks and I want to debug it, but then
> >have to debuginfo-install. Is there a way to tell yum to always pull in
> >the corresponding debuginfo packages whenever it installs something?
>
> On my machine this seems to happen on its own (ie. kernel-debuginfo gets
> updated)
>
> Seems like this might be the package that does it :
>
> yum-plugin-auto-update-debug-info

 That only does updating, it doesn't add debuginfo packages on install
of other packages.
 So, no, but for a lot of packages I guess you could install
foo-debuginfo instead of just foo (assuming all the debuginfo repos. are
enabled somehow).

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/releases
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/whatsnew/3.2.26