Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Feb 26 13:23:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 01:16:43PM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> I would like to collect feedback on this issue. If you want to disable
> direct stable pushes, why? Could there be a less radical solution to that
> problem (e.g. a policy discouraging direct stable pushes for some specific
> types of changes rather than a blanket ban)? On the other hand, if (like me)
> you DON'T want that feature to go away, please provide valid use cases.

Imho it takes too long to get packages into updates-testing, if people
are really interested in testing packages, they often seem to get
packages directly from Koji, e.g. on this update I got 3 positive Karma
points (one of them was anonymous) within 76 minutes after submitting
the update:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F12/FEDORA-2010-0604

It did not seem very useful to delay this update that also fixed several
very annoying bugs any further.

Regards
Till