Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Feb 26 13:37:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 08:20:10AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 08:14:13AM -0500, Marcela Maslanova wrote:

> >My packages are rarely tested and I forget them in testing phase for a
> >long time. Also fixing BR don't need testing. I simply need push
> >immediately the new/fixed package.
>
> If nobody is testing your packages sitting in updates-testing, then maybe the
> users of that package aren't hitting whatever you're fixing or aren't otherwise
> having other issues.  What is the benefit of pushing an update if nobody cares?

I already got feedback from a user who wanted a fixed package, but did
not want to test in in updates-testing. Also it is imho enough if the
package maintainer cares about the update. And as long as there is a bug
report that can be closed with an update, there is enough proof that
someone else cares about the bug. But it still does not mean that they
would use updates-testing or bodhi.

Regards
Till