Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:35:58 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:07:05 +0100, Patrice wrote:

> I may be remebering wrong, but an argument for bodhi against those who
> wanted a simpler push mechanism (like wwhat was in the fedora extra days)
> and argued that bodhi will add more unecessary delays was that there
> always was the possibility to push to stable for packagers.

Doesn't sound right. FE could push to stable always and much more quickly,
too. What was missing was a convenient interface for packagers which they
could use to decide between testing and stable or whether not to push a
build at all. It was necessary to submit special requests by email, since
by default every new build would become a test update. Packagers wanted
more control, and some even wanted no (!) delays by means of automatically
pushing to the repos.