Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Feb 26 14:39:19 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> said:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 08:04:55AM -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> > EPEL has run this way for a while, and it doesn't seem to be a problem.
>
> EPEL is very different. Packages in EPEL have been tested in fedora and so
> will very rarely need hotfixes aor regression fixes (except for security
> fixes, which if I recall well are covered by an exception already).

That reasoning would tend to argue for the reverse of EPEL's policy.  If
the packages are so stable, why go through testing?

Every time a package is built, it is susceptible to new bugs.  Packaging
bugs, build requirement changes, and software bugs all creep in, and not
trying to ram things out the door as fast as possible seems like a good
idea.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>