Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Feb 26 16:07:34 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:
> If the update is to fix an issue as dire as you say it would be, there
> would be no shortage of people who would be willing to grab the package
> from the bodhi link and test it out, and the maintainer would have no
> problem spending a little effort to find people to do this testing to
> ensure his or her update could go to stable ASAP.

We're back again to a need for a more user-friendly UI to
updates-testing. I was thinking of a PackageKit plugin that would add a
few tabs. One tab would be "Rate Testing" and one would be "Testing
Available". The "Rate Testing" would be packages you already have
installed. The "Testing Available" would display packages you could
update to to test.

Yes, this functionality is available in bodhi-client and I use it
myself, but isn't it safe to say there are many Fedora users that have
no idea what bodhi-client is or even admin.fp.o? If it's pluggable into
PackageKit that users are used to handling packages in, it would expose
updates-testing to more users. The plugin could also be smart and pull
from koji if it finds the update isn't available in updates-testing yet
for faster testing as well.