Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 16:21:14 UTC 2010

> Transparency means asking for feedback BEFORE writing the policy. The sooner
> you involve the community, the better. Putting out a policy as "take it or
> leave it", or worse "take it, you have to, we voted it through already" is
> not transparent.

Oft times asking for feedback without having a proposal in hand leads to
rampant speculation and overreaction.  (See this thread)  Having
something of a proposal already written helps those who are giving
feedback have a clear idea of the intention and at least some of the
mechanics of how such a proposal would work, rather than letting every
maintainer try to imagine it and come to their own conclusions, which
may be wildly off base.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!