drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:08:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM, drago01 wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Mike McGrath  wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Though, in theory, fewer updates means a higher percentage of them can be
>>> tested which means quality goes up.
>>
>> Even if this might start another flamewar ... I like the idea of
>> having less updates.
>>
>> The  "the version number changed so we need to update the fedora
>> package" attitude needs to stop.
>
> May I ask why? Can you elaborate on why there is such a "need"? Who
> "need's this?

Everyone ... it just adds extra loads on the infrastructure, has the
potential of wasting users and mirrors bandwidth and even worse just
adds a risk of adding regression for little to no gain.

And a packagemaintainer should be able to judge whether the package is
worth pushing or not.
"It has a higher version number" can't be the reason for that. (and I
don't see how anyone can disagree with this but well ...)