Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Feb 26 20:43:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 01:16:43PM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> I would like to collect feedback on this issue. If you want to disable
> direct stable pushes, why? Could there be a less radical solution to that
> problem (e.g. a policy discouraging direct stable pushes for some specific
> types of changes rather than a blanket ban)? On the other hand, if (like me)
> you DON'T want that feature to go away, please provide valid use cases.

I just have another idea: Add the karma value to the repository
metadata and write a yum plugin to only install packages with a certain
amount of karma. I just checked that stable packages may still receive
karma, so then everyone can pre-select packages based on the karma. And
people for whom the current system works good enough, can disable it.
And security updates could still be installed using the yum-security
plugin.

Regards
Till