Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 21:50:20 UTC 2010

Patrice Dumas (pertusus at free.fr) said:
> > > Bringinig down productivity of good packagers for a few bad ones, is,
> > > in my opinion, not a good move.
> >
> > Fedora doesn't exist for the productivity of packagers. It exists for
> > the productivity of our users.
>
> Both are related (except of course for people paid to work on
> fedora).

Not really. I use Fedora every day. The fact that I use it for packaging
things is a small small part of my usage of it. The extra 2 minutes or so
to twiddle an update differently is far far far outweighed by, say, X
exploding. Or thunderbird eating mail. Or any other variety of things that
could happen.

> > To put it a different way, a large regression for our users far outweighs
> > tha cost of any number (heck, even hundreds) of bugfixes having to wait
> > a day, or two, or even a week.
>
> I fully agree with that. But pushing to stable rapidly may help
> correct rapidly regerssions, too.

Wait. You don't want policies designed to avoid pushing regressions, so
that you can push fixes for the regressions you've given to people faster?

That's... impressive.

Bill