James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 26 22:12:53 UTC 2010

> Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 16:17 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >> Most
> >> often what works on Fedora n also works on Fedora m. It's not like the
> >> reviewer tested on Slackware or OS X. ;-)
> >
> > "Most often".  Sure, that seems good enough to throw potential crap at
> > users.  Our os "most often" works.  Don't worry about those times it
> > doesn't.
>
> I only know of a single instance where it didn't in an update I pushed

 Are you really arguing that you never make mistakes? You are some God
like super being who we should all bow down to?
 Of course if you were such a genius, I can't see why you'd need to do
updates at all. Or at the very least getting some of your followers to
praise your releases enough to speed them to stable.

 Or to put it another way, I assume you've read Paul Wouters's excellent
post in this thread ... so are you arguing that he's just stupid? Or
maybe that he didn't care?
 Because it sure looked like he cared, and that he knew what he was
doing, and that he wasn't planning to intentionally break users systems,
and that he hadn't made a lot of mistakes before ... but still pushing
to stable with only the developers testing it wasn't such a good idea.

 Probably the saddest thing about this giant flamewar you've started is
that you feel so persecuted by such tiny proposed changes ... certainly
if I was "god" I'd _happily_ ban any non-high-security updates for over
a month without even thinking about it (rawhide is => that way, have fun
IMNSHO).
 And that's just from my users perspective, I'm sure I'd bring the
smackdown much harder if I had to wade through the $%@! that rel-eng
does.

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/releases