Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 23:43:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 10:55 -0500, Paul Wouters wrote:

> I requested a direct push to stable. Which was denied. I was unhappy that
> we would not stop a DOS attack within weeks (my packages hardly ever get
> any karma feedback despite their obvious use, though I must say that did
> change for dnssec-conf after it blew up). So I objected, and got my way.

As I said in my other mail, lack of feedback is not necessarily
meaningless. If your update sits there for a week with no -1s, that
gives us a decent idea it doesn't massively break anything: exactly as
this proves. You may not get any +1s for dnssec-conf when it doesn't
break anything, but - as you admit - you *do* get -1s when it breaks
everything. So the system does, in fact, work, in so far as it gives us
a usable indication of very bad breakages.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey