Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Feb 27 01:38:07 UTC 2010

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I'd say not even that. If you miss a release, there is one coming up in
> the not too distant future and it isn't a big deal. And if a few hardy
> soles want to look at your stuff early, it is often the case they can run
> the rawhide package on stable releases without too much effort.

Not always. In fact quite often that doesn't work properly. Dependency hell.
Please DON'T train your users to use --enablerepo=rawhide, or sooner or
later they WILL end up with half their distro upgraded to Rawhide because
their update required a new soname of some core library which in turn
required everything else to be upgraded to match the new soname. And of
course they won't understand what happened and why. --enablerepo=rawhide is
extremely dangerous and should NEVER be used, especially not by users who
don't know EXACTLY what they're doing.

        Kevin Kofler