Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Feb 27 04:14:52 UTC 2010

On 02/26/2010 05:36 PM, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
> On 2/26/2010 6:16, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> One possibility could be allowing pushes to stable if one of the
> following is true:
> * Net karma of at least +x
> * Positive karma from at least one member of QA or releng
> * At least y days have passed since submission to testing

* The overwhelming number of packages doesn't receive any feedback.
* In cases package updates approach particular issues, testing feedback
is performed though bugzilla in correspondence on actual bugs.

> That last case is important for packages with few, if any, testers that
> provide feedback.  I own one of those, for instance.

* In all these years, I maintain ca. 70 packages in Fedora, I received
ca. 5 karma votes.

* In all these years, I participate in Fedora, I casted ca. 5 karma
votes. Ca. 3 of them were negative votes and have been ignored by the
maintainer in charge.

=> IMO, this karma system doesn't work at all.

Ralf