Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sat Feb 27 08:45:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> this is a *terrible* idea. We may see users as a 'resource', but they
> don't see themselves this way. We should not interrupt their usage of
> their computer to try and exploit them to our ends.

What if it was an opt-in scheme? Users would consent to receive a
limited number of contacts about their current packages and for their
trouble would get streamlined access to potential fixes.

I think there's enough in that for the opt-in scheme to be marketed
successfully, because although some people would see the interactions
as annoying, others would welcome the chance to participate.

-Cam