opencv 2.0.0 soname change

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 18:57:59 UTC 2010

On 28 February 2010 00:04, Karel Klic wrote:
> Dne 27.2.2010 17:41, Haïkel Guémar napsal(a):
>>
>> Le 27/02/2010 16:28, Rakesh Pandit a écrit :
>>>
>>> Are you kidding ? No *communication* :( At this stage we never wanted
>>> an update for any reason, nor extra work for lot of other folks. Alas
>>> I had some more time at hand.
>>
>> Did you receive my previous email thursday following the last discussion
>> about OpenCV 2.0 ? (Nicolas and Karel were CC'ed too)
>> I'm sorry if you didn't get it. :(
>
> This is my failure. I sent the email about OpenCV in F-12 to
> rpandit at fedoraproject.org, the email returned back, so I resent it to Rakesh
> separately (to rakesh at fedoraproject.org). Haïkel probably responded to that
> email with the wrong e-mail address.
> I'm sorry for that.
>
> The CMake change looks great, thanks for doing it! I'll test the package
> within the next few days.

Added devel back to CC.

Nice.

Ok, no problem, was not even sure that others have already been
discussing, so pinged everyone. I investigated a bit upstream and
changes seem logical to me now. But as Nicoles pointed out we could
have preferred to have a buildsys override to be set.

But it is anyway ok, as we have sometime(but very less though) for
checking and all folks (contributor maintainers)
are aware of it being introduced. Just wanted to make sure that we all
are on same page and discussion was done. :)

Cheers,

--
Rakesh Pandit
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rakesh