Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 22:05:54 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2010, Till Maas wrote:
>>
>> Afaik the KDE updates work very well and I know a fanatic KDE user who
>> cannot expect to wait for the next KDE update, because he knows of bugs
>> that are fixed in it. Usually he does not even need to report them,
>> because they are already in the KDE upstream bug tracker. So this
>> "release becoming unstable" is imho a little exaggerated, because nobody
>> is proposing to track unstable upstream releases/upstream SCM with
>> updates.
>>

> I'm sure that guy loves it.  Me?  I don't like not being able to predict
> what my desktop looks like tomorrow.  Just so I'm clear, if we had
> implemented what you are proposing...  Fedora 11, Fedora 12, Fedora 13
> branched and rawhide would all be identical right now as far as package
> version numbers go?

About rawhide: rawhide could/should contain more experimental stuff,
such as beta releases or cvs snapshots of actively and frequently
developed software.

About F-11, F-12, F-13: yeah, pretty much. They should all contain the
same stable version of most software. (e.g. I don't like not being
able to update some of my gtk packages, because the gtk maintainers
don't update their package in older releases.)

Are we at the wrong place? Is there such a distro?

Orcan