Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 21:25:07 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 08:04:55AM -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
>
> You clearly want to be able to push whatever, whenever (see massive KDE
> updates in supposedly "stable" releases).  Others have shown that
> playing fast and loose with updates has consequences, and putting a
> little delay in there would probably be better.
>
> EPEL has run this way for a while, and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

As a datapoint, Fedora Infrastructure runs with EPEL testing enabled.  So
the slow rate of package migration from testing to stable in EPEL can't be
characterized as "doesn't seem to be a problem".  Whether it's a better or
worse problem to have, I'm not yet opinioned enough to bikeshed about.

-Toshio