Mono.Cecil & monodevelop-debugger-mdb

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Jan 2 12:47:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

> > You can't expect everyone to change their software design to work
> for
> > Fedora, even if it has disadvantages.
>
> We do expect that, sorry. Bundling libraries is not a solution, fixing
> the library not to break its ABI/API every couple days is.

Here I have to agree with you Kevin. Mono.Cecil is a pain, but it's the
only one in Mono which does change between packages. I don't understand
why.

As it stands, the fix was easy; change monodevelop so that it doesn't
add mono.cecil to the list that it provides and add it in by itself.
It's not a fix upstream will listen to (as aren't the 64 bit lib fixes -
don't ask, I've been trying for ages to get them to accept them).

I'm going to have a go at building the other monodevelop plugins over
the next week and get them into rawhide.... Assuming I still can by
then ;-p

TTFN

Paul