How did I end up as the package owner for emacs?

Karel Klic kklic at redhat.com
Sun Jan 3 21:53:26 UTC 2010

Hi Jonathan,

you became the owner in the pkgdb when Daniel Novotny and I agreed to
transfer the package ownership to me. We discovered that the next person
with commit access become the owner when a package is orphaned, and the
package owner cannot be changed in pkgdb. I asked about the solution on
IRC, and when I got no answer I postponed it. From my point of view it
is not important who is the owner when I can fix bugs and commit changes.

I apologize to you for not sending an email about the change, that would
have been be the right thing.

Nonetheless, I am also interested in how to change the owner to certain
person from the list of package maintainers.

Best regards,
Karel